Bellow you will find a list of funding programs suitable for open source, mobile environments. Some funds are mentioned several times due to different topics or different application periods.
|Prototype Fund,round 14||01/02-31/03/2023||https://prototypefund.de||German tax payer only|
|Prototype Fund,round 15||01/08-31/09/2023||https://prototypefund.de||German tax payer only|
|Prototype Fund,round 16||01/02-31/03/2024||https://prototypefund.de||German tax payer only|
|Open Technology Fund||*||https://www.opentech.fund|
|SIDN Fonds||*||https://www.sidnfonds.nl||Primary impact in the Netherlands|
|Sovereign Tech Fund||*||https://sovereigntechfund.de||Technologies must be under-supplied or threatened by other circumstances|
- Application must be submitted in German.
- Applicant must be a natural person.
- Applicant must live and pay taxes in Germany.
- Project has to be implemented within 6 months.
- Project can’t be double funded.
Open Technology Fund
- No specific requirements except that it matches the OTF’s vision:
- Access to the Internet, including tools to circumvent website blocks, connection blackouts, and widespread censorship;
- Awareness of access, privacy, or security threats and protective measures, including how-to guides, instructional apps, data collection platforms, and other efforts that increase the efficacy of Internet freedom tools;
- Privacy enhancement, including the ability to be free from repressive observation and the option to be anonymous when accessing the Internet;
- Security from danger or threat when accessing the Internet, including encryption tools.
- Application should be submitted in English (not a must)
- Also suitable for fellowships
- Natural persons/associations with an Austrian residential address
- Preferably apply in German but can be in English too (the website/documents
- are in German only)
- Project has a primary impact in the Netherlands
- Project did not start yet
- Project is shorter than 6 months
- Can be done by natural persons or organisations
Sovereign Tech Fund
- Not a user facing Application
- Societal relevance
- Needs a funding of at least 150k€
- Tech must be under-supplied or threatened by other circumstances
Example of financed projects
- Fortran package manager
- Improving JS ecosystem, infrastructure and security
Kinda FAQ - https://sovereigntechfund.de/en/applications/